IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

18 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why do we need two traffic wardens together?
GMR
post Oct 18 2012, 03:58 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 33

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I noticed that there are a lot of cars and lorries illegally parked in Newbury. So you would think that our Traffic wardens would be stretched to the point of combustion. But I noticed that - and not just on this occasion - that two traffic wardens were virtually walking hand in hand in an area that doesn't really have parking abuses; if they did one would suffice.

Do they need to walk together because of fear of being attacked or is this just a case of a bit of privacy in a quiet area?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
blackdog
post Oct 18 2012, 05:54 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 130

Could be that one was training the other.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Oct 18 2012, 06:36 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

QUOTE (blackdog @ Oct 18 2012, 06:54 PM) *
Could be that one was training the other.

No. They both were senior traffic wardens. However, it doesn't mean they weren't training each other in something else!!!!!

+Quote Post
HeatherW
post Oct 18 2012, 06:46 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 988

I noticed that. That they walk around in pairs and wondered why? Both wardens are very familiar around Newbury. Very recognizable from the back. Unless they are very good clones.

+Quote Post
Spider
post Oct 18 2012, 06:58 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,832

I find traffic wardens very annoying. They hang around waiting to catch you. When you do see cars illegally parked they are never around. The scene above where they are walking together is a common picture. They walk around looking as if they are trying to intimidate, but intimidate the wrong persons. Actions speak louder than words. There should be no reason for them to walk around in pairs. Newbury is bigger enough for them to work on their own.

+Quote Post
lordtup
post Oct 19 2012, 10:24 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 164

At the risk of alienating one and all I am going to exercise my prerogative and defend the traffic warden from their public enemy number one status. If parking was based on the free for all premise traffic would grind to a halt within an hour. I think the problem arises from the belief that we have an automatic right to drive our car to wherever we chose and park it accordingly .
The incident reported by GMR I am sure is one of those incidents where the two officials found themselves in the same proximity and therefore engaged in a little social intercourse .
I said social. tongue.gif

--------------------
Rem tene verba sequentur

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Oct 19 2012, 11:55 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (lordtup @ Oct 19 2012, 11:24 AM) *
At the risk of alienating one and all I am going to exercise my prerogative and defend the traffic warden from their public enemy number one status. If parking was based on the free for all premise traffic would grind to a halt within an hour. I think the problem arises from the belief that we have an automatic right to drive our car to wherever we chose and park it accordingly .
The incident reported by GMR I am sure is one of those incidents where the two officials found themselves in the same proximity and therefore engaged in a little social intercourse .

Agreed in general.
However, when it comes to booking people in a "free" car park I don't think they are contributing to the above.
There was a "Green Meanie" on here for a while but seems to have disappeared as fast as they arrived!
Perhaps they could answer the op's question?

+Quote Post
Blake
post Oct 19 2012, 02:33 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 75

I saw a TV show about traffic wardens last year. They have actually been shipping them in from ABROAD!

Madness; it is not a high skill job and with 2.53m unemployed, this should be made illegal. Councils who do this should be punished and their CEOs dismissed without appeal.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Oct 19 2012, 04:15 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE (lordtup @ Oct 19 2012, 11:24 AM) *

Good point about social intercourse.... I thought that was my point as well? wink.gif

+Quote Post
user23
post Oct 19 2012, 04:38 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

What time this the picture taken?

+Quote Post
NWNREADER
post Oct 19 2012, 06:40 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,265

Me, were I so interested, I would have asked them...... Or asked their manager at WBC (Used to be Mark Cole, I think). None of us, I suspect, know the answer.......

And they are not 'Traffic Wardens'. Their role was to assist traffic movement by (amongst other elements) enforcing parking regulations.

CEOs have only a penalty-issuing function

+Quote Post
GMR
post Oct 19 2012, 07:17 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE (user23 @ Oct 19 2012, 05:38 PM) *
What time this the picture taken?

Between 2 and 3 pm.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Oct 19 2012, 07:21 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

QUOTE (NWNREADER @ Oct 19 2012, 07:40 PM) *
Me, were I so interested, I would have asked them...... Or asked their manager at WBC (Used to be Mark Cole, I think). None of us, I suspect, know the answer.......

And they are not 'Traffic Wardens'. Their role was to assist traffic movement by (amongst other elements) enforcing parking regulations.

CEOs have only a penalty-issuing function

Asking "them" would have only elicited answers that they wanted me to hear. As for asking their manager or somebody connected; I tried that but got evasive answers and couldn't get to the people that were in the know. Therefore I thought this approach was the next best thing.

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Oct 20 2012, 10:56 AM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 221

And you NEVER see PCSOs walking together?

Or 'proper coppers' for that matter.....

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Oct 20 2012, 11:05 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Blake @ Oct 19 2012, 03:33 PM) *
I saw a TV show about traffic wardens last year. They have actually been shipping them in from ABROAD!

'Shipping them in'?!!

What ARE you on about you buffoon!! laugh.gif laugh.gif Do they come in a box of 10? Plonker.... rolleyes.gif
You COULD say Tesco have been 'shipping in' workers from Poland to stock shelves for years, or Vodafone have been 'shipping in' workers from India, but WBC have been 'shipping in' people to stick tickets on cars? Get a grip you clown....

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Oct 20 2012, 11:39 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Two police ocifers to tackle two inebriated turps drinks? Why?

There's proper crime going on around the town while this 'tag team policing' is going on.....

+Quote Post
Penelope
post Oct 20 2012, 12:28 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,392

QUOTE (spartacus @ Oct 20 2012, 12:39 PM) *

Two police ocifers to tackle two inebriated turps drinks? Why?

There's proper crime going on around the town while this 'tag team policing' is going on.....

For the same reason as a 61 year old blind man using a white cane was tasered in Bolton this week, because they can.

+Quote Post
NWNREADER
post Oct 20 2012, 01:12 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Penelope @ Oct 20 2012, 01:28 PM) *
For the same reason as a 61 year old blind man using a white cane was tasered in Bolton this week, because they can.

A bit ascerbic.
The photo is a 'press event'

I wonder why it is so necessary to go in pairs, whatever the activity........

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Oct 20 2012, 03:36 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (Penelope @ Oct 20 2012, 01:28 PM) *

The Police are now beyond reproach. Their word is gospel truth. I think we only have half the story here; once you see the notebook, you'll see that the old chap was being rude. After all, it he really was that blind, why didn't he have a dog? Quite understand why the Tazer was used - about time everyone was more respectful when the Police are around.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Exhausted
post Oct 20 2012, 05:35 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 320

QUOTE (GMR @ Oct 18 2012, 07:36 PM) *
No. They both were senior traffic wardens. However, it doesn't mean they weren't training each other in something else!!!!!

I suggest that you might think it amusing to infer that the wardens are up to some extra curricular activity but it's not always the case that two persons of opposite gender at work are "at it". Perhaps that is what might happen where you work.
They may have a partner at home who would probably be upset at what you are saying.

It may be that they want to blitz an area so that they can get through it in half the time and perhaps catch the canny people who rely on driving off before the CEO gets to their chariot.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Oct 20 2012, 10:42 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

QUOTE (Exhausted @ Oct 20 2012, 06:35 PM) *
I suggest that you might think it amusing to infer that the wardens are up to some extra curricular activity but it's not always the case that two persons of opposite gender at work are "at it". Perhaps that is what might happen where you work.
They may have a partner at home who would probably be upset at what you are saying.

It may be that they want to blitz an area so that they can get through it in half the time and perhaps catch the canny people who rely on driving off before the CEO gets to their chariot.

That's the most "wet" thing I have ever seen written on this forum.

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Oct 20 2012, 11:10 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Strafin @ Oct 20 2012, 11:42 PM) *
That's the most "wet" thing I have ever seen written on this forum.

ermm.... I know it's Saturday night and the telly is awful but are you moist or something?

doesn't take much for you to get your rocks off obviously.....

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Oct 21 2012, 12:04 AM
Post #23

Advanced Member

"There may be a partner at home who could be upset by this comment". Do me a favour.

+Quote Post
user23
post Oct 21 2012, 07:39 AM
Post #24

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Strafin @ Oct 21 2012, 01:04 AM) *
"There may be a partner at home who could be upset by this comment". Do me a favour.
Would you be so happy if a picture of you and speculation about your personal life was posted on the internet?

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Oct 21 2012, 08:43 AM
Post #25

Advanced Member

I wouldn't care. Nor my would loved ones, its obvious that the speculation is groundless.

+Quote Post
NWNREADER
post Oct 21 2012, 09:20 AM
Post #26

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Strafin @ Oct 21 2012, 09:43 AM) *
I wouldn't care. Nor my would loved ones, its obvious that the speculation is groundless.

Is it?

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Oct 21 2012, 11:16 AM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Well just because two of them are walking along together it doesn't mean anything at all, to jump to any conclusion is not evidence or proof of anything. having said that, do they even have loved ones at home? Who would want to be married to a ceo?

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Oct 21 2012, 12:47 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (Strafin @ Oct 21 2012, 12:16 PM) *
Who would want to be married to a ceo?

Somebody must be. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Oct 21 2012, 12:56 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Do they get cuffs with the uniform?

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
user23
post Oct 21 2012, 12:56 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Strafin @ Oct 21 2012, 09:43 AM) *
Perhaps it wouldn't be so obvious to everyone that the speculation about you was groundless.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Oct 21 2012, 01:24 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

And it's people with that attitude that allowed Savile to get away with it for so long.

+Quote Post
Exhausted
post Oct 21 2012, 02:16 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Strafin @ Oct 21 2012, 12:16 PM) *
Well just because two of them are walking along together it doesn't mean anything at all, to jump to any conclusion is not evidence or proof of anything. having said that, do they even have loved ones at home? Who would want to be married to a ceo?

My point exactly as opposed to the offensive suggestions by GMR. Just because they are CEO's doesn't make them into ogres or demons of the night. They are people doing a job of work and although I must admit I thought about the CEO's parentage when I got a ticket in the wharf, I kept that observation to myself rather than attempting to score cheap points on a forum.
As for your last statement.........
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Sexy_Warden.jpg ( 13.73K ) Number of downloads: 28

+Quote Post
GMR
post Oct 21 2012, 03:30 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Exhausted @ Oct 20 2012, 06:35 PM) *

True; then again it might be something else. But that something else doesn't mean what you thought I was saying.

+Quote Post
Exhausted
post Oct 21 2012, 08:37 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Oct 18 2012, 07:36 PM) *

....and that would be?......

Come on GMR we all know what your humour is like so it means exactly what you are suggesting!!!!!

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Oct 21 2012, 11:19 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 511

QUOTE (GMR @ Oct 18 2012, 04:58 PM) *
I noticed that there are a lot of cars and lorries illegally parked in Newbury. So you would think that our Traffic wardens would be stretched to the point of combustion. But I noticed that - and not just on this occasion - that two traffic wardens were virtually walking hand in hand in an area that doesn't really have parking abuses; if they did one would suffice.

Do they need to walk together because of fear of being attacked or is this just a case of a bit of privacy in a quiet area?

If some busybody posted my picture with associated speculation, I would be livid, and look to do something about it.

If you're that concerned, why not follow them and see what transpired?
Besides, what business is it of yours?

--------------------
There their, loose loser!

+Quote Post
GMR
post Oct 22 2012, 04:17 PM
Post #36

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Exhausted @ Oct 21 2012, 09:37 PM) *
....and that would be?......

Come on GMR we all know what your humour is like so it means exactly what you are suggesting!!!!!

No; it could mean that they were on some sort of course. It is only your mind suggesting something bad.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Oct 22 2012, 04:21 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

QUOTE (x2lls @ Oct 22 2012, 12:19 AM) *
If some busybody posted my picture with associated speculation, I would be livid, and look to do something about it.

They work for the tax payer and I asked why they were together; as opposed to working singularly. It seems it is a waste of time going in pairs.... unless there is another reason like going to a meeting etc.

Through taxes I/ we pay their wages. It should be everybody's business in how our tax is being spent.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Oct 22 2012, 04:43 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

QUOTE (x2lls @ Oct 22 2012, 12:19 AM) *

You're not a public servant doing a very unpopular job being paid for out of the public purse.

+Quote Post
Exhausted
post Oct 22 2012, 06:40 PM
Post #39

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Oct 22 2012, 05:17 PM) *
............ It is only your mind suggesting something bad.

I don't think so. Your suggestion was quite clear, so don't play the innocent..

+Quote Post
Cognosco
post Oct 22 2012, 06:53 PM
Post #40

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,212

QUOTE (GMR @ Oct 22 2012, 05:21 PM) *
They work for the tax payer and I asked why they were together; as opposed to working singularly. It seems it is a waste of time going in pairs.... unless there is another reason like going to a meeting etc.

Through taxes I/ we pay their wages. It should be everybody's business in how our tax is being spent.

This sort of thinking with our two local authorities here in Newbury is positively frowned on. They have ways of making you give up this sort of thinking. Us locals now know it as being Kirby'd. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Vexatious Candidate?

+Quote Post
GMR
post Oct 22 2012, 07:52 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Exhausted @ Oct 22 2012, 07:40 PM) *
I don't think so. Your suggestion was quite clear, so don't play the innocent..

No; it is your interpretation of what I was thinking. And maybe you should starting thinking instead of drawing conclusions that coincide with your mind.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Oct 22 2012, 07:53 PM
Post #42

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Cognosco @ Oct 22 2012, 07:53 PM) *
This sort of thinking with our two local authorities here in Newbury is positively frowned on. They have ways of making you give up this sort of thinking. Us locals now know it as being Kirby'd. rolleyes.gif

Yes; the death knell laugh.gif

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Oct 22 2012, 08:32 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

[quote name='GMR' date='Oct 22 2012, 05:21 PM' post='72072']

Who did you ask?
Certainly not those most able to answer....Just a public insinuation, worthless.

[/quote

To the extent we have to follow all public sector employees throughout their working day.

Peeeeeeeerleeeeeeese!

--------------------

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Oct 23 2012, 09:53 AM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

To the extent we have to follow all public sector employees throughout their working day.

GMR's quite indepth knowledge of what the traffic wardens [sic] get up to would seem to suggest this is what he does.

+Quote Post
Rowley Birkin
post Oct 23 2012, 12:11 PM
Post #45

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,717

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Oct 23 2012, 10:53 AM) *

GMR's quite indepth knowledge of what the traffic wardens [sic] get up to would seem to suggest this is what he does.
is this a specialist form of dogging?

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Oct 23 2012, 02:40 PM
Post #46

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Rowley Birkin @ Oct 23 2012, 01:11 PM) *
is this a specialist form of dogging?

Perhaps we could ask GMR to publish all the pictures he takes.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Newbelly
post Oct 23 2012, 03:29 PM
Post #47

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,669

QUOTE (On the edge @ Oct 23 2012, 03:40 PM) *

Unless one is exposing something seriously improper or criminal, I consider following and taking such pictures of people without their knowledge or consent a bit creepy. I think it says more about the photographer than the subject.

+Quote Post
Exhausted
post Oct 23 2012, 04:17 PM
Post #48

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Newbelly @ Oct 23 2012, 04:29 PM) *
Unless one is exposing something seriously improper or criminal, I consider following and taking such pictures of people without their knowledge or consent a bit creepy. I think it says more about the photographer than the subject.

I think GMR has realised that his comments were below the belt and he is now trying to deflect the fall out onto somone else. (That appears to be me.)

+Quote Post
GMR
post Oct 23 2012, 05:27 PM
Post #49

Advanced Member

Who did you ask?

I asked on here.

Certainly not those most able to answer....Just a public insinuation, worthless.

It is worthless to you as you wish to make something out of it. I don't.

To the extent we have to follow all public sector employees throughout their
working day.

I never said that; I only queried it because I came across it. In my line of work I am challenged and I am quite happy to reply to peoples concerns; of course I wouldn't be happy if I had something to hide.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Oct 23 2012, 05:28 PM
Post #50

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Oct 23 2012, 10:53 AM) *

If that was the case why would I ask?

+Quote Post
GMR
post Oct 23 2012, 05:30 PM
Post #51

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Oct 23 2012, 03:40 PM) *

Of course you could ask and if there was any of interest I would publish them.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Oct 23 2012, 05:31 PM
Post #52

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Exhausted @ Oct 23 2012, 05:17 PM) *
I think GMR has realised that his comments were below the belt and he is now trying to deflect the fall out onto somone else. (That appears to be me.)

That is your interpretation, not mine.

+Quote Post
Exhausted
post Oct 23 2012, 05:34 PM
Post #53

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Oct 23 2012, 06:27 PM) *
In my line of work I am challenged and I am quite happy to reply to peoples concerns; of course I wouldn't be happy if I had something to hide.

Don't really understand your point here. By challenged, do you mean that you can't do the job because you are physically or mentally challenged. Have you got something to hide ??

+Quote Post
GMR
post Oct 23 2012, 08:00 PM
Post #54

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Exhausted @ Oct 23 2012, 06:34 PM) *
Don't really understand your point here. By challenged, do you mean that you can't do the job because you are physically or mentally challenged. Have you got something to hide ??

At least that made me laugh. There is no point continuing if you haven't got the ability to understand. But don't worry I don't hold it against you. Schooling has declined over the years so we shouldn't mock the afflicted. If you email me I'll put you onto a good adult school that might be able to help you wink.gif

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Oct 24 2012, 12:21 AM
Post #55

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Oct 23 2012, 06:27 PM) *
I asked on here.

So how the F(_) C? do we know?

It is worthless to you as you wish to make something out of it. I don't.

QUE?

So why post in the first place?

I never said that; I only queried it because I came across it. In my line of work I am challenged and I am quite happy to reply to peoples concerns; of course I wouldn't be happy if I had something to hide.

Well that's alright for you, but if I was approached in the street by someone I didn't know, they would be told go bugger off. (Regardless of whether I had anything to hide!!!!)

The original post gives me the impression of someone who has nothing better to do than make life difficult for others, without redress.

Oh for the days of the Stasi. (That's how they work, don't you know)

--------------------

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Oct 24 2012, 09:14 AM
Post #56

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Oct 23 2012, 06:28 PM) *
If that was the case why would I ask?

you are not asking anything - you are insinuating that the traffic wardens [sic] are

1). lazy **** who travel around in pairs

2). ****** each other

+Quote Post
Spider
post Oct 24 2012, 05:06 PM
Post #57

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,832

I think as Tax payers we should have a right to question authority. We read too much in the press about abuses of power. As for taking photos of an official which seems to have upset a few. I noticed that papers like the NWN's often taken photos of officialdom all the time. Recently we saw two police officers talking to members of the public (their faces hazed out) I think that in such a corrupt society we should always be on our toes and question.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Oct 24 2012, 05:18 PM
Post #58

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Oct 24 2012, 10:14 AM) *
you are not asking anything - you are insinuating that the traffic wardens [sic] are

1). lazy **** who travel around in pairs

2). ****** each other

Neither of your assumptions are correct; this you trying to make mischief.

1) Travelling around in pairs doesn't make you lazy because you still need the same about of footwork. My query was why they need to walk around in pairs when they would be better to have their own patches.

2) This is something you dreamed up in the dark regions of your mind because you've got nothing better or intelligent to say.

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Oct 25 2012, 12:20 PM
Post #59

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Oct 24 2012, 06:18 PM) *
Neither of your assumptions are correct; this you trying to make mischief.

1) Travelling around in pairs doesn't make you lazy because you still need the same about of footwork. My query was why they need to walk around in pairs when they would be better to have their own patches.

2) This is something you dreamed up in the dark regions of your mind because you've got nothing better or intelligent to say.

care to explain - However, it doesn't mean they weren't training each other in something else!!!!! and the need for some privacy?

+Quote Post
massifheed
post Oct 25 2012, 03:43 PM
Post #60

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,215

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Oct 25 2012, 01:20 PM) *
care to explain - However, it doesn't mean they weren't training each other in something else!!!!! and the need for some privacy?

Indeed.

So, GMR, what did you mean by that statement? Clear this up once and for all.

+Quote Post
Timbo
post Oct 25 2012, 03:52 PM
Post #61

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,715

QUOTE (Spider @ Oct 24 2012, 06:06 PM) *
I think as Tax payers we should have a right to question authority. We read too much in the press about abuses of power. As for taking photos of an official which seems to have upset a few. I noticed that papers like the NWN's often taken photos of officialdom all the time. Recently we saw two police officers talking to members of the public (their faces hazed out) I think that in such a corrupt society we should always be on our toes and question.

Hate to say but because we all pay tax does not automatically give you the right to question their authority neither does it give you the right to question every possible thing you happen to personally disagree with.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Oct 25 2012, 04:00 PM
Post #62

Advanced Member

QUOTE (massifheed @ Oct 25 2012, 04:43 PM) *
Indeed.

So, GMR, what did you mean by that statement? Clear this up once and for all.

Of course: I am quite happy to do so. I was a bit miffed why two traffic wardens were needed in the same place; it would have been more logical to spread them out. This way they would catch more abusers. The something else I referred to could have been a crafty five or ten minute break (cigarette break) or they might want to discuss certain work problems that they were not happy with. The only reason people take the lowest denomination is usually to make mischief; the "something else" in a bad light; well, nothing could happy as they were out in the open. I don't think anybody would be that stupid.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Oct 25 2012, 04:05 PM
Post #63

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Timbo @ Oct 25 2012, 04:52 PM) *
Hate to say but because we all pay tax does not automatically give you the right to question their authority neither does it give you the right to question every possible thing you happen to personally disagree with.

But isn't that a problem in its own right; because the British public don't question people in authority or certain positions - Jimmy Savile is a very good example - then it is easier for abuse of powers to happen.

I would say the opposite; we should question more. If we did that then the Savile's of this world might not have lasted so long. Of course this is an extreme case. We often hear abuses by Police and other authorities. We all should be vigilant and observe more. The only people who would complain about that are those that are up to no good. People who are up to no good do not like people observing them.

+Quote Post
massifheed
post Oct 25 2012, 04:13 PM
Post #64

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,215

OK, so...

QUOTE (GMR @ Oct 25 2012, 05:00 PM) *
However, it doesn't mean they weren't training each other in something else!!!!!

...really means that you are suggesting that they may have been having a cigarette break, or talking about work problems? You have to admit that it's a bit of a stretch to get to your explanation from the original comment.

+Quote Post
HeatherW
post Oct 25 2012, 04:17 PM
Post #65

Advanced Member

I just replied on another thread about children being finger printed. Under Blair we have become the most watched country. So I think it is a bit much when we have complaints when people start watching people in authority. As GMR has said we should be watching and observing more. We pay out taxes. That is the wages for the police, Traffic wardens and the politicians. We have had police abuse of powers, politicians taking more than they should. If people in authority are honest then us observing them will not be a worry.

Concerning interpretations of how sentences are worded. As has been suggested. This is more to do with mischief making and causing trouble. I never read the main article in a bad light. But then my mind does not work like some.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Oct 25 2012, 04:20 PM
Post #66

Advanced Member

QUOTE (massifheed @ Oct 25 2012, 05:13 PM) *
OK, so...

...really means that you are suggesting that they may have been having a cigarette break, or talking about work problems? You have to admit that it's a bit of a stretch to get to your explanation from the original comment.

No, it is only a stretch because you want it to be a stretch. More controversial that way. What it does tell you more about you and how your mind works. You ask me for an explanation and I gave it to you. The trouble was you didn't want to hear that but what you had concocted in your mind.

+Quote Post
Roost
post Oct 25 2012, 04:24 PM
Post #67

Advanced Member

Member No.: 31

QUOTE (HeatherW @ Oct 25 2012, 05:17 PM) *
I just replied on another thread about children being finger printed. Under Blair we have become the most watched country. So I think it is a bit much when we have complaints when people start watching people in authority. As GMR has said we should be watching and observing more. We pay out taxes. That is the wages for the police, Traffic wardens and the politicians. We have had police abuse of powers, politicians taking more than they should. If people in authority are honest then us observing them will not be a worry.

Concerning interpretations of how sentences are worded. As has been suggested. This is more to do with mischief making and causing trouble. I never read the main article in a bad light. But then my mind does not work like some.

You could turn that around to reflect on society generally, couldn't you?

--------------------
Roost

Welcome to the jungle....

+Quote Post
JaneGibbs
post Oct 25 2012, 04:28 PM
Post #68

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,817

QUOTE (HeatherW @ Oct 25 2012, 04:17 PM) *

Hi Heather, I agree with your conclusions. One of the reasons why I was so hesitant in joining this forum, or any other, is because all people want to do is abuse or attack. I read the main article at face value. I am sorry but I can only read things one way. Heather I also think you make a good point about the last government and watching us. Why do people complain when we observe the observers but don't complain when honest citizens are being watched by everything? I am sorry if I upset anybody but I had to write on the back of Heather's reply. Thank you.

+Quote Post
HeatherW
post Oct 25 2012, 04:32 PM
Post #69

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Roost @ Oct 25 2012, 04:24 PM) *
You could turn that around to reflect on society generally, couldn't you?

Yes you could. You could also say that two wrongs do not make a right. But why we have a situation were we are the most watched country in the world then it is a bit rich for people in authority to object to being watched while they are taking the kings shilling.

+Quote Post
HeatherW
post Oct 25 2012, 04:36 PM
Post #70

Advanced Member

QUOTE (JaneGibbs @ Oct 25 2012, 04:28 PM) *
Hi Heather, I agree with your conclusions. One of the reasons why I was so hesitant in joining this forum, or any other, is because all people want to do is abuse or attack. I read the main article at face value. I am sorry but I can only read things one way. Heather I also think you make a good point about the last government and watching us. Why do people complain when we observe the observers but don't complain when honest citizens are being watched by everything? I am sorry if I upset anybody but I had to write on the back of Heather's reply. Thank you.

Hello Jane. Do not let it affect you. It is just testosterone beating their chests and playing oneupmanship here. There are some intelligent ones but you have to look. Nobody is interested in having an intelligent debate over a potential good post. We just get the usual attacks.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Oct 25 2012, 04:39 PM
Post #71

Advanced Member

Unfortunately ladies some have nothing better to do than cause trouble, instead of having an intelligent debate. But I have argued on here that this forum is for all types and on a good forum we must take the good with the crap. If you stay you will grow a thick skin eventually or leave. On the whole this is a good forum and some good debaters on here. Don't give up Jane and welcome.

+Quote Post
JaneGibbs
post Oct 25 2012, 04:47 PM
Post #72

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,817

Hi. Thank you both for your encouragement. It can be very stressful when everybody seems to be fighting. Personally I don't think it helps. Using more intelligent arguments should do. But thank you again.

+Quote Post
NWNREADER
post Oct 25 2012, 05:05 PM
Post #73

Advanced Member

QUOTE (HeatherW @ Oct 25 2012, 05:32 PM) *
Yes you could. You could also say that two wrongs do not make a right. But why we have a situation were we are the most watched country in the world then it is a bit rich for people in authority to object to being watched while they are taking the kings shilling.

Who has objected?

+Quote Post
Cognosco
post Oct 25 2012, 05:07 PM
Post #74

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,212

QUOTE (JaneGibbs @ Oct 25 2012, 05:47 PM) *
Hi. Thank you both for your encouragement. It can be very stressful when everybody seems to be fighting. Personally I don't think it helps. Using more intelligent arguments should do. But thank you again.

Hi Jane welcome. Please don't be put off; this is not really fighting just strong differences of opinions.

You may have noticed it only gets really heated when our local councils are the subject of debate. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Vexatious Candidate?

+Quote Post
GMR
post Oct 25 2012, 05:17 PM
Post #75

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Cognosco @ Oct 25 2012, 06:07 PM) *
Hi Jane welcome. Please don't be put off; this is not really fighting just strong differences of opinions.

You may have noticed it only gets really heated when our local councils are the subject of debate. rolleyes.gif

Good post. I agree.

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Oct 25 2012, 05:18 PM
Post #76

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Oct 25 2012, 05:39 PM) *
Unfortunately ladies some have nothing better to do than cause trouble, instead of having an intelligent debate. But I have argued on here that this forum is for all types and on a good forum we must take the good with the crap. If you stay you will grow a thick skin eventually or leave. On the whole this is a good forum and some good debaters on here. Don't give up Jane and welcome.

So why use a daft comment like 'However, it doesn't mean they weren't training each other in something else!!!!!'

You want 'intelligent' debate, don't make crass & childish comments.

+Quote Post
HeatherW
post Oct 25 2012, 05:19 PM
Post #77

Advanced Member

QUOTE (NWNREADER @ Oct 25 2012, 05:05 PM) *
Who has objected?

Forum members or have you not been following this thread?

+Quote Post
HeatherW
post Oct 25 2012, 05:25 PM
Post #78

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Oct 25 2012, 05:18 PM) *
So why use a daft comment like 'However, it doesn't mean they weren't training each other in something else!!!!!'

You want 'intelligent' debate, don't make crass & childish comments.

That should also apply to you as well. I did not read it as a daft comment and nor, reading some of the other posts on here, did a few others. People who want to make something out of nothing will always "make crass & childish comments" to see if like minded people join their childishness.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Oct 25 2012, 05:26 PM
Post #79

Advanced Member

QUOTE (HeatherW @ Oct 25 2012, 06:25 PM) *
That should also apply to you as well. I did not read it as a daft comment and nor, reading some of the other posts on here, did a few others. People who want to make something out of nothing will always "make crass & childish comments" to see if like minded people join their childishness.

Well said. It is nice to see some intelligence on here for a change.

+Quote Post
NWNREADER
post Oct 25 2012, 06:03 PM
Post #80

Advanced Member

QUOTE (HeatherW @ Oct 25 2012, 06:19 PM) *
Forum members or have you not been following this thread?

Patronising, or what?

The comment talked about 'people in authority' complaining

+Quote Post
user23
post Oct 25 2012, 07:58 PM
Post #81

Advanced Member

QUOTE (HeatherW @ Oct 25 2012, 05:32 PM) *
I don't think they have objected to being watched, have they?

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Oct 25 2012, 08:31 PM
Post #82

Advanced Member

QUOTE (user23 @ Oct 25 2012, 08:58 PM) *

They didn't know, they were shot in the back, unlike the police officers, who were facing the camera.

Heather and Jane. Please , you are very welcome here so get stuck in.

If it were not for genuine names (or at least gender associated) there would be no 'testosterone' debate. blink.gif

Yes, we do get het up, but we do it because we can. The recent meet was nothing like on here.

Just be very careful what you say!! lol

--------------------

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Oct 26 2012, 09:53 AM
Post #83

Advanced Member

QUOTE (HeatherW @ Oct 25 2012, 06:25 PM) *

Do tell us what you thought GMR's comment meant. ( btw he does this often - makes some nudge nudge wink wink comment & then tries to make out it is every one else with a dirty/childish mind. He is very Frankie Howerd.....)

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Oct 26 2012, 12:12 PM
Post #84

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Oct 26 2012, 10:53 AM) *
He is very Frankie Howerd.....)

oooh.... 'ark at her....

+Quote Post
GMR
post Oct 26 2012, 04:05 PM
Post #85

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Oct 26 2012, 10:53 AM) *
Do tell us what you thought GMR's comment meant. ( btw he does this often - makes some nudge nudge wink wink comment & then tries to make out it is every one else with a dirty/childish mind. He is very Frankie Howerd.....)

Actually that is you; Frankie Howerd. It is your mind working overytime to read it in the most distasteful way. And as a few members on here concur; that is exactly what you are.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Oct 26 2012, 04:07 PM
Post #86

Advanced Member

QUOTE (x2lls @ Oct 25 2012, 09:31 PM) *
They didn't know, they were shot in the back, unlike the police officers, who were facing the camera.

Heather and Jane. Please , you are very welcome here so get stuck in.

If it were not for genuine names (or at least gender associated) there would be no 'testosterone' debate. blink.gif

Yes, we do get het up, but we do it because we can. The recent meet was nothing like on here.

Just be very careful what you say!! lol

That is true. It used to be a lot worse. Granted we still have one or two Frankie Howerds on here. But they need us more than we need them wink.gif

+Quote Post
Newbelly
post Oct 26 2012, 04:53 PM
Post #87

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,669

QUOTE (GMR @ Oct 22 2012, 05:21 PM) *

GMR, you state that you followed and photographed these people sometime between 2pm and 3pm.

The pictures appear to have been taken with a proper camera and not snapped on a smartphone?

Is this part of your job, or do you do this on a day off?

Intelligent response only please. Thanks.

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Oct 26 2012, 04:53 PM
Post #88

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Oct 26 2012, 05:05 PM) *
Actually that is you; Frankie Howerd. It is your mind working overytime to read it in the most distasteful way. And as a few members on here concur; that is exactly what you are.

Come off it GMR. You still have not explanied who was training who & in what. Apart from a pathetic attempt to changing it from training to having a fag.

+Quote Post
Exhausted
post Oct 26 2012, 05:08 PM
Post #89

Advanced Member

The question GMR is would you have made the same throw away comment if they had both been male.

Of course you would.....

+Quote Post
GMR
post Oct 26 2012, 05:11 PM
Post #90

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Oct 26 2012, 05:53 PM) *
Come off it GMR. You still have not explanied who was training who & in what. Apart from a pathetic attempt to changing it from training to having a fag.

No, no! I have explained, however, no explanation will serve your purpose as you want to extend this thread and your obsession as long a possible. So no answer can adequately give you want you want as it will kill off this thread dead. As I am bored I am quite happy to feed your obsession into the abyss. So... over to you my friend Dannyboy! (by the way; nice Irish song; did you write it... at least in your mind? Give us a tune before you go!!!) tongue.gif

wink.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Oct 26 2012, 05:13 PM
Post #91

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Newbelly @ Oct 26 2012, 05:53 PM) *
GMR, you state that you followed and photographed these people sometime between 2pm and 3pm.

The pictures appear to have been taken with a proper camera and not snapped on a smartphone?

Is this part of your job, or do you do this on a day off?

Intelligent response only please. Thanks.

Just an ordinary phone.

You mean you think I could be Bond, James Bond? Well.... occasionally I do have to report to M. But keep that to yourself wink.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Oct 26 2012, 05:14 PM
Post #92

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Exhausted @ Oct 26 2012, 06:08 PM) *
The question GMR is would you have made the same throw away comment if they had both been male.

Of course you would.....

We are all equal my friend.

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Oct 26 2012, 05:43 PM
Post #93

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Oct 26 2012, 06:11 PM) *
No, no! I have explained, however, no explanation will serve your purpose as you want to extend this thread and your obsession as long a possible. So no answer can adequately give you want you want as it will kill off this thread dead. As I am bored I am quite happy to feed your obsession into the abyss. So... over to you my friend Dannyboy! (by the way; nice Irish song; did you write it... at least in your mind? Give us a tune before you go!!!) tongue.gif

wink.gif

yawn,

LOL, you didn't explain anything, you just changed you mind when, for what ever tiresome reason, you decided you didn't want to carry on with your initial poor 'joke'.

+Quote Post
HeatherW
post Oct 26 2012, 07:29 PM
Post #94

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Oct 26 2012, 05:43 PM) *
yawn,

LOL, you didn't explain anything, you just changed you mind when, for what ever tiresome reason, you decided you didn't want to carry on with your initial poor 'joke'.

God! You are all as bad as each other. Each egging each other on. Have you not got a life of your own? Even though GMR can be tiring I see you Dannyboy as the main trouble maker on here. GMR did explain but you decide not to accept his explanation. Why? Because you are a silly little boy who wants just to argue. The joke is on you for not growing up. Give everybody a break on this forum Dannyboy and grow up. I am sure I am not the only one who is tired of this childishness.

+Quote Post
HeatherW
post Oct 26 2012, 07:31 PM
Post #95

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Oct 26 2012, 09:53 AM) *

Why? I do not think that is what you want. You just lik to hear the sound of your own voice (or written words). Grow up.

+Quote Post
HeatherW
post Oct 26 2012, 07:37 PM
Post #96

Advanced Member

QUOTE (user23 @ Oct 25 2012, 07:58 PM) *

No but others have objected on their behalf. One replier compared this to the stasi. If they knew anything about the Stasi it was government led. And that is exactly what the Blair government was. They created a Stasi feel to our country. It is the government and their praetorian guard that should be watched. I am no fan of GMR but you have got to take your hat of to a member of the public watching the watchers.

+Quote Post
user23
post Oct 26 2012, 07:55 PM
Post #97

Advanced Member

QUOTE (HeatherW @ Oct 26 2012, 08:37 PM) *
No but others have objected on their behalf. One replier compared this to the stasi. If they knew anything about the Stasi it was government led. And that is exactly what the Blair government was. They created a Stasi feel to our country. It is the government and their praetorian guard that should be watched. I am no fan of GMR but you have got to take your hat of to a member of the public watching the watchers.
So when you said "it is a bit rich for people in authority to object to being watched", they haven't actually objected in any way whatsoever.

Glad we cleared that one up.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Oct 26 2012, 07:55 PM
Post #98

Advanced Member

QUOTE (HeatherW @ Oct 26 2012, 08:29 PM) *
God! You are all as bad as each other. Each egging each other on. Have you not got a life of your own? Even though GMR can be tiring I see you Dannyboy as the main trouble maker on here. GMR did explain but you decide not to accept his explanation. Why? Because you are a silly little boy who wants just to argue. The joke is on you for not growing up. Give everybody a break on this forum Dannyboy and grow up. I am sure I am not the only one who is tired of this childishness.

Hi Heather. I am glad you are sussing out what is what on here. People like Dannyboy always expose their inner obsessions eventually. They are never here to debate but by being the catalyst for havoc. Sadly that is the price for a free and open forum. That is why we must always fight for the lunatic in society to be heard. We are all equal in a democracy. So maybe we should all be a bit more tolerant in a free society towards people like Dannyboy. In countries like Russia and Belarus they would be put in a rubber cell. Thank god for freedom of expression I say. wink.gif

+Quote Post
HeatherW
post Oct 26 2012, 07:59 PM
Post #99

Advanced Member

QUOTE (user23 @ Oct 26 2012, 07:55 PM) *
So when you said "it is a bit rich for people in authority to object to being watched", they haven't actually objected in any way whatsoever.

Glad we cleared that one up.

We do not know the true identities of those that are complaining on behalf of authority. As for as we know they might belong to WBC or the organisation for the protection of the traffic warden. So I will stick by what I said.

+Quote Post
HeatherW
post Oct 26 2012, 08:01 PM
Post #100

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Oct 26 2012, 07:55 PM) *
Hi Heather. I am glad you are sussing out what is what on here. People like Dannyboy always expose their inner obsessions eventually. They are never here to debate but by being the catalyst for havoc. Sadly that is the price for a free and open forum. That is why we must always fight for the lunatic in society to be heard. We are all equal in a democracy. So maybe we should all be a bit more tolerant in a free society towards people like Dannyboy. In countries like Russia and Belarus they would be put in a rubber cell. Thank god for freedom of expression I say. wink.gif

Putting it that way then I should not object to Dannyboy or anybody else for the childish behaviour. I disagree then but then who am I to object?

+Quote Post

18 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th June 2024 - 07:11 PM